Tuesday, August 7, 2012

EXCLUSIVE! Charles Baker's Interview on Breaking Bad Greece!

In this exclusive interview on Breaking Bad Greece, the amazing Charles Baker (who plays Skinny Pete on AMC's Breaking Bad) talks about season 5, his future plans, also he tell us his favourite line and scene of the show! Hit the jump below to read more! 

Q : Your performance on episode 503 "Hazard Pay" was great! Your piano skills are magnificent! How many hours per day, did you practiced for this scene ?
A : Luckily, Breaking Bad gave me about a month’s notice prior to filming that they wanted me to play piano. We picked a piece that I was already somewhat familiar with and I started practicing. I would practice several times a day, probably 3-4 hours a day total. I practiced numerous pieces to rebuild my skills along with the piece I played on the show. I’m not really sure, honestly. It’s probably a question best answered by my wife. I would just sit at the piano and play as long as I could, then come back a few hours later and do it again.

Q : If you could have played any character on Breaking Bad besides Walter White, who would it be, and why?
A : You didn’t exclude me, so I’d play Skinny Pete. Really! I love what this role has done for me and my career, and I wouldn’t change a thing!

Q : It seems like the Breaking Bad audience gets bigger by the day. Are you getting recognized more? 
A : Where I live, I don’t get recognized very often. I look so different from Skinny Pete in my actual life, especially without the hat, that I really seem hidden. I also don’t think people expect to see Skinny Pete shopping at the grocery store in Fort Worth, Texas. So, even if they think they recognize me, they rarely say anything. I really get noticed when I’m hanging out in Albuquerque with Matt Jones (Badger) while we are filming. People actually recognize him then he points out who I am and people get really excited to see us out together. It has happened a couple of times recently in my hometown though, so something must be happening. It’s really funny though, because a lot of my friends even have just really gotten into the show, so I do get more recognition from friends for my work.

Q : Will you come back on season 5?
A : I sure hope so. There are still 8 episodes left to film, but those don’t start until later this fall, so at this point I have no idea. I’m not sure the end has even been written yet. I hope I get to come back so I can get some closure, not just for my character, but also for this experience. I have been working on the show for 5 years and it has had such an impact on my life that I look forward to an opportunity to work with the cast and crew at least one more time.

Q : What is your personal favorite scene or line from the series ? 
A : That’s a tough one; the show has some of the best writing on television. If I had to pick favorites though, I’d say my favorite quote was when Jesse says, “A robot?” from Four Days Out. The sheer excitement in his face at the thought of Mr. White Building a robot from spare parts was hilarious! My favorite scene is actually when Jesse called Skinny Pete when he and Walt were stuck in the desert cooking. I thought it was awesome to be involved in an episode without being there. I had no idea that I was their “go to” guy until I watched the episode, and personally that was a really cool moment.

Q : When Breaking Bad ends, what do like to do most?
A : When I’m not filming Breaking Bad, I’m always looking for and doing other projects. I have several feature films coming out this year and next (including TO THE WONDER & AIN'T THEM BODIES SAINTS) , but, I really want to get on to another TV show, hopefully full-time, if the right show and role comes up. When I’m not working I truly enjoy spending time with my family most of all. I didn’t get a lot of time with my two oldest children when they were young, so I really cherish spending time with my two youngest and as much time as I can get with the older ones. My family is really important to me; I’m so grateful to have them with me on this journey. When the show is over, I hope to continue working and expanding my career, far beyond the Skinny Pete type roles.

No comments:

Post a Comment