Friday, June 29, 2012

EXCLUSIVE! Rodney Rush's interview in our blog ! [ENGLISH VERSION]

This is the English version of the exclusive interview of Rodney Rush in our blog !!! Hit the jump below to read more... 
Q : Even though your role was relatively small, your role survived until season 3 of Breaking Bad. Can you make a comment about that ?
A : I was surprised that I ended up going as far as I did with the show. In the beginning I was supposed to just be in one episode (Ep.4 Cancer Man). I had never acted before this. People always told me I would be a great actor. That I had the personality for it. I am not shy by any means. It was a little intimidating I have to admit. But the first take I ever did I nailed it! Soyou can say that I'm a natural I guess. lol I originally went to be an extra. They asked me to audition the next day. The day after that I was sitting in a trailer and signed a contract for my first episode. At this point nobody knew what the show would become. In the second season they decided to give my character the name Combo and write me into the show because the creator of the show Vince Gilligan really liked me. So I was just as surprised as anyone else that I went on as far as I did. I was hoping it would go a little further than it did at the time I found out I would get killed off. I was a little sad at the time. Like Bryan Cranston said though "If you gotta go then that's the way to go". Which is true. It was pretty memorable being killed off by a kid and all. But looking back I am just amazed at all that's come from it. I mean my whole Identity changed. I am now Combo from Breaking Bad. Which is dope!

Q : What do you like most acting or singing ?
A : I am a Rap Artist first n foremost but I dug the acting thing. I'm definitely down for more of it. Bring it all on I say though..

Q : In the Season 3 flashback, Combo Skinny Pete and Jesse was having a really great time partying at the strip club . How do you shoot this scene ? 
 A : Ahh Man.. The strip club scene. Yeah.. That's a memory I'll have forever. I still can't believe I got paid for that. It was shot in an actual strip club. Some of the girls were real strippers. Others were actresses. We actually had the opportunity of having the director Johan Renck direct that scene. He gives you a vision and you just go with it. He's a master of what he does. We actually had real champagne for that scene. So yeah that was a bonus! Lol.. No strippers were harmed in the making of that scene. But.. They all loved your boy though!

No comments:

Post a Comment