Sunday, July 29, 2012

EXCLUSIVE! Ray Campbell's Interview on Breaking Bad Greek Blog!

In this exclusive interview with Breaking Bad Greek Blog, Ray Campbell (Tyrus Kitt on AMC's Breaking Bad) talks about season 5 of the show, about Episode 413 "Face Off" and much more! Hit the jump below to read more!


Q : How did you end up on Breaking Bad? 
A : I ended up on the show by a fairly routine audition process. I was already a fan of the show so I was thrilled when the appointment came in. What was interesting was the secrecy surrounding the scripts. Because the producers did not want anything leaked, I was given an older scene of the "Mike" character to audition with and a description of "Gus' henchman". In retrospect I think my decision to not play the character as a typical thug was the correct one given how calculating Gus is. He would not have someone obviously thuggish working for him. I thought it would be better to be more of a smart, elusive bad-ass that can blend in anywhere.

Q : Episode 413 "Face Off" was awesome! Tell us something about the scene that your character died. How did you shoot this scene ?
A : Once again, not wanting leaks of the finale, the producers were rightfully secretive with details of episode 413 "face-off" prior to shooting. However, I think everyone on the set that day had a feeling of being involved in something really special. Once we saw the Gus "face" in rehearsal, those feelings were confirmed. This was gonna be iconic. For me personally, that day was somewhat bitter-sweet because Tyrus was gonna die and it was also my last shooting day on the show. Even though I knew well in advance my character had an imminent demise, it was still sad to come to the end after such a fantastic experience with such a wonderful set of people.

Q : You have played in shows like The Shield and Breaking Bad. How do you felt that you worked on shows like these ?
A : It's always good to be a working actor. With that said, having the chance to work on the caliber of shows like The Shield and Breaking Bad is just remarkable. Being surrounded by so much talent from the crew, to the writers and other actors is the stuff dreams are made of.

Q : When you read the script did you expect that your role will survive for 10 episodes ?
A : I knew the character would be recurring but had no idea how much.  After a few episodes I had a really positive conversation with Vince about the character and was informed that he and Gus will be going out with a bang at some point in the future.

Q : Can you make a prediction about season 5 of Breaking Bad?
A : I find it so difficult to try to predict anything about season 5. I'm also a fan of the show and the characters so I can't wait to see what happens and how it will all come to an end. Gus was such a perfect villain with such an awesome storyline that it's hard to see where they go but I have no doubt it will be a wild ride. One of the most intriguing relationships I'll be paying close attention to is that of "Walt" and "Hank".

Q : Which is your favourite Tv show (besides Breaking Bad) ?
A : As for my favorite shows...I watch a lot of news. In fact I'm a bit of a news junkie. So not surprisingly, I'm really enjoying the new HBO show, The Newsroom. One of my all time favorite shows was probably "Lost". Even though I was unhappy with the ending. I also enjoy watching some older "black & white" TV shows. Not a big fan of "reality TV", but I sometimes can be found sneaking a peek at "Hardcore Pawn" or "Parking Wars" or "Chopped".

No comments:

Post a Comment