Tuesday, July 24, 2012

EXCLUSIVE! David Costabile's Interview in Breaking Bad Greek Blog!

The amazing actor David Costabile, who plays a crystal meth cook named Gale Boetticher, describes his cooperation with Bryan Cranston, singing an Italian song and much more! Hit the jump below to read more!


Q : What was the most difficult part of shooting the scene where Jesse shows up to kill you?
A : I think the hardest part of shooting that scene, which came at the end of a very long day, was trying to fill the scene with all of the depth I felt the first time I read it and not let it be overly sentimental. Vince was a great help he directed the scene beautifully I thought and working with Aaron that day was very memorable. He is an extremely generous actor, even if he was killing me.

Q : The scene which Gale sings "Major Tom" was hilarious and epic! Did he had fun making the 'Major Tom' video? Do you planning on doing any more karaoke videos ?
A : Filming "Major Tom" was a blast!  Colin Bucksey, who had directed me a couple of times, directed that episode.  He was great to work with and I am glad you dug it.

Q : Your role on Breaking Bad was multidimensional! What did you enjoyed most on it?
A : I really loved playing Gale.  When I first auditioned for the role, I felt a deep connection to who that person was.  He had a deep sensitivity to the world and art, himself and others. It was deeply satisfying to play someone who was so fully idiosyncratic and he could recognize that in himself. I loved reciting the Whitman poem and singing "Crapa Pelada" the best. I also loved working with such generous actors like Bryan, Aaron, and Giancarlo. But the best part was to be involved with such great writing.

Q : How and when did you discover your character's demise?
A : I found out about two or three weeks before we shot it. It was a bummer but you really shouldn't cook crystal meth. Things like getting shot are bound to happen.

Q : Despite that your character died on season's 3 finale, you came back as flashback on 401 "Box Cutter". Is there any chance to be back on season 5 as a flashback ?
A : Flashbacks do happen all of the time and when I found out I was going to die, I was assured I would come back.  I've always wanted to see the scene where Gale sits on the couch with Jesse and eats chips.  But if come back or not, I couldn't tell you as I might have to then put a hit out on you!  And nobody wants that.

Q : As a fan of Breaking Bad, what was it like to be a cast member of the show?
A : The very first day I was on set, I had to check myself from going crazy and just attacking Bryan.  I kept my cool for as long as I could, and then about 6 hours into the day, I just started telling him how great I thought he was and my favorite episodes,etc.. I kinda went crazy, as any good fan does.  He smiled and slowly backed away from me until I cooled down.  I was able to recover my cool and go back to work. But as a fan?  Are you kidding me???!!!  Working on that show was totally awesome!!!  I got to pretend to make meth with Bryan Cranston on one of the greatest TV series of all time!  I loved it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment