Thursday, April 19, 2012

EXCLUSIVE! Charles Baker's interview in our blog ! [ENGLISH VERSION]

This is the English version of the exclusive interview of Charles Baker in our blog !!! Hit the jump below to read more...
Question : How do you reacted when you read the script of Breaking Bad and of the role of Skinny Pete ?

I knew about the show before I got the audition and really wanted to be on it. When I got the audition, it was for just one episode and the character was just called, "skinny stoner". There were supposed to be 3 "Stoners", skinny, chubby, and tattooed. The writers ended up combining the skinny and tattooed roles for me and gave the other role to the character who later became "Combo". I was thrilled to have a chance to be on the show, even for one episode, but when they asked me to come back and be Skinny Pete, well, that was a dream come true!


Q : Has the role of Skinny Pete in Breaking Bad changed your life and your career ?
Absolutely! I was still just starting in this business before I got that role, so, I was really fortunate to get it! The fact that it became such a big hit was even more fortunate. Because of it's popularity, I started getting auditions for tv shows all around the US. Also, I live in Fort Worth, Texas and I'm just a regular guy-so, when I started getting fan letters and when people ask me for my autograph, or want to take a picture with me, I feel really awkward! It's really great, but very weird to think that people think I'm worthy of that kind of thing. 

Q : How is your favourite character of Breaking Bad ?
All of the characters on Breaking Bad are great! But if I had to pick a favorite, I think I would have to say Saul, the "criminal attorney", because he is so incredibly funny! Gus was great, too, but for the opposite reason, he was an amazing bad guy!

Q : Do you think the character of Jesse Pinkman has changed from season 1 to season 4 ?
Jesse has gone through so much on this show! Of course he's changed; he's grown a lot, learned a lot, and, sadly, lost a lot. Some of those changes are for the better, I think, in the long run, but, it's almost sad to have to watch him lose what is left of his innocence. The way in which Aaron Paul has played those changes is inspiring! 

Q : Can you make a prediction about Walter White fate in the end of Breaking Bad ?
One thing I've learned while working on this show for 4 seasons is that I am really bad at predicting what's going to happen! If I were to make a guess, I would say that Walt's fate is bleak. I can't imagine that he would not have to suffer some consequences for his actions in the long run. I don't know if it will be his death, or prison, or some kind of punishment that would make death or prison seem like a kindness, but whatever happens, I don't think it will be a happy ending for him. (I do kind of hope that Jesse gets away clean and turns his life around- using Walt's fate as a last lesson from his former teacher)

Q : Will you return in season 5 of Breaking Bad ?
I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, but, yes I will. But, I have no idea how much or what my fate will be. The thing about smaller roles like mine is that I am usually the last to know what's going on. I usually only get about a week's notice before I shoot an episode, get the script a few days before we shoot, and am never told when or if I will be back. Every episode I get, the first thing I do is check the script to see if I get killed! It's actually pretty exciting, and, since I'm also a huge fan of the show myself, keeps it from being spoiled for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment